It’s incredible how in just a few days so much can chage…
The new border seems to be maturing nicely, and I think once the millions of Poppies are out (I don’t remember putting so many Poppy seeds in the mix I spread!!!) then hopefully it will look far more impressive, even if they are only a temporary fix until the plants mature over the next few years.
Astrantia are opening and adding a nice little splash of pink to the new border and I seem to have too many Gladiolus!
Here we can see the poppy (and other) seedlings. I sprinkled the seeds around so can’t quite understand how I managed to get such massive clumps.
Monkshood and Aster are growing tall, no life on the verbena bonariensis 😦
Not to worry… mistakes can always be rectified…
Weigela has suddenly begun to flower, I’m sure there were no signs of buds when I looked a couple of days ago!
And more Rubens
My first rose – Roseraie de L’hay.
Aubreita is still flowering
Geranium Ballerina has opened her delicate flowers
Black Lilyturf shows new growth, I am pleased they survived the winter
Lupin is nearly in flower, love love.
And for the finale…
American Wisteria bud! Thrilled it’s survived the winter and cannot wait for the flowers to open.
I need to get my potted seedlings and plants out this bank holiday weekend, they will grow far faster in the ground where they can spread their feet. We have: Nicotiana, Cosmos, Sweet Rocket, Cupid’s dart, Hollyhock and Angelica to plant…
Yesterday I even got brave and tried a little Sedum propagation, we’ll see how successful I was in a few weeks!
(yes, yes I realise sedum are probably the easiest plants in the world to propagate…please don’t burst my bubble lol)